Glutathione is the most important antioxidant produced by the body. The body’s ability to produce glutathione plays a powerful role in assisting the body with detoxification and healing of Autism and other chronic medical conditions. All organisms on earth contain glutathione. In humans, glutathione is produced in the liver. The liver, kidneys, and spleen contain the highest concentrations of glutathione. Glutathione is used by every cell in the body to rid itself of toxins and free radicals. It is critical in helping the immune system function, fight infection, lower inflammation, fuel methylation (detoxification)and even prevent cancer.
The good news is that our bodies produce it. However, it does need to be rebuilt continually. And in cases of severe deficiency it is helpful to spur on energetic pathways in the body that create and sustain production of glutathione. Poor diet, pollution, toxins, aging, chronic infection, radiation, and stress all deplete glutathione levels.
When there is a glutathione deficiency, your body ages faster and is more prone to diseases and inflammation. Glutathione is required in every body to keep us looking younger and feeling healthy. Depleted levels of glutathione can cause severe mental and physical health issues, toxin build-up, increased free radicals, and oxidative stress.
It’s important to understand glutathione benefits.
- Glutathione is a powerful and a very small molecule in your system that is generated naturally. It’s in every cell of your body’s makeup.
- Its interaction with various components mixing together is the body’s primary defense against health problems.
- Glutathione acts as an antioxidant as well as an antitoxin.
- If you were to measure the glutathione levels in your body, you would have a very accurate forecast of your life’s expectancy.
Raised levels of glutathione allow for decreased muscle damage, reduced recovery time, improved immune system function, increased strength and endurance, optimized brain function, reduced inflammation, and a more efficient metabolism. The problem is, this powerful tool that fights off and protects your health, decreases 10 to 15 percent each decade of your life, starting from the early 20s. With chronic infection and high toxin loads, the decrease can begin much sooner and now we even see it in infants and young children who are born with a higher toxin load that those of us born several generations ago.
Glutathione deficiency is found in nearly all chronic health conditions including depression, chronic infections, auto-immune disorders, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Autism, ADHD, asthma, mood disorders, and liver and kidney disease.
The fact is that our overall health is simply a reflection of the health of our cells. If glutathione levels are depleted you are susceptible to unrestrained cellular degeneration from oxidative stress and free radicals. The liver also gets overloaded, and unable to keep up with the level of glutathione production that is needed. Thus, the liver is unable to do its necessary and important job of detoxification.
There are several things you can do to increase your glutathione levels. In fact, most people require this just to keep up with the modern toxic world. Unfortunately, many synthetic or chemically based products may not give the level of support needed. Additionally, glutathione supplements taken orally are very poorly absorbed and are unlikely to raise glutathione levels in the blood. Here are some things you can do for yourself to support the body’s natural production of Glutathione.
- Eat foods that induce glutathione production. These foods include broccoli sprouts, broccoli, spinach, kale, cabbage, avocado, asparagus, raw goat whey (if tolerated), grapefruit, and turkey and chicken meat. The spice cumin is also believed to boost glutathione levels. Sulfur-containing amino acids are also necessary for the body’s glutathione production. Foods containing sulfur-containing amino acids include eggs, garlic, onions, red pepper, fresh unprocessed meats and Brussel sprouts.
- Steer clear of acetaminophen. According to Dr. Mark Hyman, M.D. (and a plethora of other bio-medical experts), acetaminophen (Tylenol and Panadol) is chief among all other drugs in its ability to quickly deplete glutathione. It is found in numerous over the counter medications. Although it is customarily recommended and taken without a second thought in the mainstream, it can be more toxic to the body than most prescription drugs. Key homeopathic remedies such as Belladonna, Ferrum phos, Aconite, Arsenicum, and Nux vomica are just a handful of the many remedies that can help to quickly alleviate symptoms of fever and inflammation naturally. Clearing acetaminophen systematically with the use sequential homeopathy and/or energy healing can also play an important role in the body’s ability to re-establish proper glutathione production.
- Consider adding Organic Sulfur to your daily routine. Organic Sulfur Crystals support cellular detoxification and overall cellular function which in turn leads to greater glutathione production. Adding Organic Sulfur to your daily routine will greatly enhance your body’s ability to produce glutathione. It’s much easier to get your daily requirement of sulfur with our Organic Sulfur crystals — for example, you would have to eat 30 eggs to equal 1 teaspoon of Organic Sulfur!) To learn more about Organic Sulfur, click here.
- Use only pure, absorbable glutathione supplements (such as pure liposomal forms of glutathione) and use them wisely. If you do use Glutathione supplements, use them as a bridge or in other words, a beneficial temporary support. I always recommend muscle testing to determine if any supplement is beneficial and easily utilized by the body. I recommend temporary use of many supplements, especially those that replace something the body creates. If the body is being supplied over long periods of time with an element such as Glutathione – something it can ultimately make on its own, the body will misinterpret the supply. The body will say, “I have plenty glutathione, I don’t need to make that on my own.”
- Energy Healing Homeopathy recommends customized formulations in the form of a remedy or that of an energetic frequency or healing code to support the body’s own production of glutathione (versus supplementing long-term with glutathione). With the use of muscle testing, we are able to recommend specific low potency remedies to assist the body in establishing equilibrium, building energy and maintaining its own healthy levels of glutathione. To learn more about this approach, be on the lookout for my upcoming workshops aimed to empower parents on their journey to support the healing potential in their own children.