- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1 small grated organic green apple (1 tablespoon honey if you don’t want to add the apple)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons (or more) coconut oil and 1 tablespoon ghee, for the pan
In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy. Mix in almond milk, water, vanilla, cinnamon and grated apple.
Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Add the egg mixture and mix well. Add more almond milk or water as necessary to achieve pancake batter consistency.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add a little coconut oil.
Pour batter by 1/4 cup scoops into the skillet.
Flip when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Flip only once.
Cook about 30 seconds more, until underside is browned also. Adjust heat of burner as necessary. Add more oil as necessary.
Serve hot with ghee, coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, or fruit.
TIP – The pancakes can be frozen and heated up in a toaster or oven.
Hope you enjoy!