On a cold Fall day nothing warms me up like a nice warm bowl of soup! Here is one of my favorite soup recipes.
- 1/2 Spanish onion (chopped)
- 1 small garlic clove (chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large organic sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium organic butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 organic carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock (add 2 cups coconut milk/cream if you prefer a creamier soup in place of 2 cups stock)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and spices in olive oil until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, and secure the lid.
- Turn it on low, and leave for 6 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to make a smoother texture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or scallions.