This creamy soup combines avocado, coconut milk, broth, onion, garlic, jalapeño and cilantro. It is easy to make and a sure hit for anyone who loves avocados!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large jalapeño pepper, seeds & membranes removed, and finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 Hass avocados, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
Heat the coconut oil in a sauce pan set over medium-low heat.
Add the onion and jalapeño pepper, and cook (without browning) until the onion is soft and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
Stir in the cilantro.
Place the avocados and 1 1/2 cups broth in a food processor or blender.
Pulse until finely chopped.
Add the remaining broth, along with the cooked onion mixture, salt and pepper.
Blend until smooth.
Pour the soup into a bowl and stir in the coconut milk.
Cover the soup and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
So delicious! Enjoy!