One of my clients was kind enough to share this recipe with me. It is delicious! I hope you will give it a try.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 8 ounces kale
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, very well toasted and cooled
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Few gratings of fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Rinse the quinoa to remove the bitterness.
- Place quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 15 to 20 minutes. Cook until tender.
- Drain the cooked quinoa.
- Put the quinoa in a salad bowl to cool (refrigerate if needed).
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small dish and set aside.
- Rinse the kale and dry it.
- Remove the rib from each stalk by cutting around the stalk.
- Roll the leaves tightly and cut crosswise into thin strips.
- Add the kale strips to the cooled quinoa.
- Add remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Season with Celtic sea salt to taste.