This tasty dish is easy to make and is a big hit with my children! The combination of tartness from the Granny Smith apple mixed with the chicken is delicious.
- Chicken tenderloins (2 packages)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2T. coconut oil.
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 lg clove garlic, minced
- 2T. coconut aminos
- 1T. minced fresh parsley or 1t. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2t. thyme leaves
- 1 large Granny Smith green apple, peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 4 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet that has a cover, and brown the chicken pieces well on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until translucent.
- Add the apples, coconut aminos, parsley and thyme and cover the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the browned chicken and fresh spinach and simmer for an extra 5 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my children do!