2 cups almond meal (or 1 ¾ cups almond flour and ¼ cup Millet flour)
½ c finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup Native Forest coconut milk
2 T. coconut oil
1 apple, peeled and grated
¼ tsp fine Celtic or Himalayan salt
½ to 1 cup fresh or frozen organic cranberries (or other berries of choice)
- Add all ingredients (except cranberries) to blender and mix well
- Stir in ½ of cranberries
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter onto a medium griddle greased with coconut oil. Cover pancakes while cooking to help them cook evenly all the way through. Make sure the pancakes are browned well before flipping.
- Syrup – I love maple syrup, however, I do try to limit sugar for myself and my family. I mix warmed coconut oil with a small amount (about 1 tsp) maple syrup and pour over pancakes. This tastes sweet like syrup without all the sugar, but with the added benefits of the coconut oil.
- Poached egg
- Sliced avocado and a small dollop of pesto
- Sliced avocado with dollop of lemon dill mayo
Adapted from Everyday Paleo by Sara Fragoso and photo by tastykitchen.com