Flatbread is delicious and easy to make. It is perfect for breakfast bread, a quick snack/side or to make a flatbread pizza. There are many variations on how to make a gluten-free flatbread. My recipe is gluten, soy, yeast, egg, and dairy free. Please click on the pictures in this post for links to other flatbread recipes.
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa or millet
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey (Or another sweetener of your choice. Personally, I like it fine without the sweetener.)
- 1 Tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Soak 1½ cup quinoa or millet overnight.
- The next day, rinse and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the sides of a 9×13 rectangular glass casserole dish with some coconut oil.
- Add 2 Tbsp coconut oil to the glass casserole dish and place in the heated oven.
- Add drained quinoa or millet, 1¾ cup water, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ cup honey in a blender.
- Turn the blender on high and mix until smooth.
- Once the coconut oil is melted in the glass dish, remove from the oven.
- Whisk the blended ingredients into the hot coconut oil until the mixture is blended well.
- Place back into the hot oven and cook for 22-25 minutes.
- If you like a crisper flatbread broil it on high the last few minutes of cooking.
- Pesto sauce
- Drizzled avocado oil and sea salt
- Roasted garlic
- Beef, chicken, etc.
- Your favorite veggies
- Be creative!